Yes, monitor your dog's weight and adjust the daily feed amount accordingly. We recommend reducing the daily feed amount by 10% for overweight dogs until they reach the ideal weight for their breed and then increasing slightly to maintain. You can find more information on our feeding guide. Remember any weight change should be achieved in a slow and steady way.
Articles in this section
- Akela Samples
- Akela Feeding Guide
- Why did your Duck&Rabbit wet food change to Duck&Turkey?
- Is Akela suitable for a low fat diet or dog with pancreatic issues?
- Is Akela suitable for dogs needing a low phosphorus diet?
- Is Akela suitable for diabetic dogs?
- Is Akela suitable for dogs with epilepsy?
- Is Akela suitable for a low purine diet? (dalmatians etc)
- Can Akela help with health conditions?
- My dog's breed is prone to liver shunts, can I feed Akela?