We do not add sugar and we have good fibre levels in our food. The Fish Feast & Duck options use sweet potato as well as being generally lower in carbs than many commercial diets - this means they can be fine for dogs with diabetes - but remember this should be under veterinary supervision.
Articles in this section
- Akela Samples
- Akela Feeding Guide
- Why did your Duck&Rabbit wet food change to Duck&Turkey?
- Is Akela suitable for a low fat diet or dog with pancreatic issues?
- Is Akela suitable for dogs needing a low phosphorus diet?
- Is Akela suitable for diabetic dogs?
- Is Akela suitable for dogs with epilepsy?
- Is Akela suitable for a low purine diet? (dalmatians etc)
- Can Akela help with health conditions?
- My dog's breed is prone to liver shunts, can I feed Akela?